A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Friday, February 13, 2009

So happy with Toyota

I am annoyed w/the whole bailout/economic stimulus plans. The reason this country is in hurt is because of greed, dishonesty and living beyond one's means, so the government decides to spend, spend, spend (on many things that just aren't relevant to the economy) and overspend its own means to "save" us? Sigh ... I know they think more money will help, but with CEOs doing what they can to make their own wallet fatter and therefore laying off people or shutting down plants, I don't see how more money under their direction will help.

What I am not annoyed about is our Toyota. Does anyone out there not know that I LOVE Toyota? Oh, and basically anything that is not made here in America? We bought Paul's Toyota back in 2001. Last week (yes, SEVEN YEARS later) it had its first repair. Sad thing is that Paul hasn't even made sure it got oil changes or tires at the right times or anything. It's just a great car. I mean a REALLY great car.

I think the comparison in our lives is obvious on American vs. Foreign-company cars. Our Dodge, which we bought in 2006, has already had several repairs (including $150 just to get the blinker to work!), and now is in need of a $700+ repair. No, I'm not joking -- I wish! So, for a 2005 car we've spent nearly $1,000 on repairs, and on Paul's 2002 we've spent less than $500. And the American car companies wonder why they're not selling anything? We personally are not buying any more junk. It's Toyota or Honda for us from here on out! Yes, they're more expensive, but I'd rather pay the expense up front and get a quality vehicle than pay for stupid random repairs. We took a gamble w/Dodge and lost ...

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Amen sista!

the Rowleys said...

I have to say that every person I know who has had a dodge caravan, has had problems. Kent says he would never buy Dodge. But we have been very happy with our Chevy. Ours we have owned for over 6 years, and it is a 2000 model. We have only had to make one major repair, and that was covered by the warrenty. Now saying that, it currenlty does need another repair, but not a necessity, so I'm doing without. Anyways, Kent loves his Chevy. I say suport the good American companies.

Denise said...

Yes, I would support the American companies ... if they were GOOD American companies! :)