A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Thoughts on 9/11

The events the morning of September 11 were horrific. Yet in my life it was a day of sweetness and love. It was my first day home with my first baby, and I was madly in love with the little guy. Paul was back to work for the first time on September 11, and he heard the news on the radio on his way to work. At first he thought the DJ was joking -- they would never ground ALL flights! But then he changed the station and heard the news again. And again. And he knew it was true.

Yet in this national crisis, my husband was still thoughtful and loving. He knew I'd been up several times during the night with a new baby, so instead of calling to tell me the news right away, he let me sleep a while longer before calling. How can I not feel that love when his concern during that huge event was for me? And how could I not look into the face of my newborn baby and just know that God is watching over me completely and that He is love? (In fact, you can look up my post from a few years ago about 9/11 to see that God was truly watching over all His children that day.)

The events were horrific, yet I experienced beauty. No matter what happens in the world, I can still love my children, give them safety and security, and teach them the joys of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. No matter what happens for bad to us as a nation or as individuals, nothing will ever compare with the wonderfully perfect Atonement that was done with unconditional and complete love. Christ stated in one of my favorite scriptures: "... In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)

1 comment:

Carol said...

Precious thoughts on a controversial day. I also loved the new pictures on your slide show