A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Family BBQ

We had a great family BBQ on Saturday with much of my family. We were without my parents (dad was fishing in Alaska with Ryan, mom was on a pioneer trek), the Stewarts (who had a crazy busy weekend) and the South Carolina Palmers (they claim it was too far to come for a measly little BBQ!). Okay, truth be known, we didn't invite the SC Palmers ... but not because we don't love 'em! :)

Anyway, the families of the other six kids got together Saturday and had a fun ol' time. Nothing fancy, because that is definitely not my style. Just a plain ol' BBQ where we get to catch up and have fun. I love my family!
Paul made a new water toy that was quite a hit with the kids ... except our own who get too scared to have water anywhere near their heads. (We're working on this with little success!!!) Anyway, check out this kid wash! I found it in a magazine years ago and ripped it out. I finally got around to asking Paul to put it together, which he did without a hitch:
He drilled holes in the PVC pipes so it squirted out when the hose is turned on. Look at Katie getting ready to brave the water:
And Kimmie decided it was worth not missing, even if she forgot her swimsuit:
The kids all seemed to have a blast, and once again I felt blessed for having a large backyard that is mostly shaded in the evenings. And for the record, this (my niece Ellie) is what I expected my own little girl to look like:

1 comment:

MIMOM2 said...

That is pretty much the coolest contraption I have ever seen in a backyard! We need to come over.

Ask your mom for her pulled pork recipe:) We need it over here:)

Hungry in Michigan:)