A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Losing weight ...

So, I seem to come and go in my desires to lose weight. I guess the desire is always there, but the actual motivation to do something about it isn't. Anyway, I reconnected with an "old" high school friend (Gwen) and we have started walking together. That is a blessing to me as I get VERY bored exercising ... We took a before picture (although I can't post it since it was with my mom's camera) so that hopefully we can compare it with an after picture in a few months.

Anyway, Gwen has started a blog for people who are more than 200 pounds who would like to be less than 200 pounds. She hopes for this blog to be a support group where people can motivate each other, share ideas and tips that really work, frustrations along the way, etc. If you're interested, check it out at http://minus200club.blogspot.com. Just know that it's in its beginning stages and will have more and more as we move along this slow quest ... but we're open to ideas and encouragement from anyone -- even if you ARE one of those skinny minnies. :)

4 comments:

Cari said...

Hey Denise! Good for you with the walking. The support group will help huge when you want to quit. I am currently part of one. Have been for the past 14 weeks to start "Healthy Habits". It started out as a contest. We earned points each day and then reported the points on a blog to everyone. If you want more info let me know. It has helped me get motivated again and keep going which has been great!

Jennifer said...

My family is suppose to be motivating me, but that does not always work. I will have to check out your friends website. Keep up the good work, I can't wait till we see each other in July of next year. Hopefully we will both be fit by then. ;)

the Rowleys said...

How awesome. I have been finding new motivation too, and have been jogging every morning (except sundays). A blog to help keep us going sounds awesome. I will have to check it out.

Rob said...

Is it too cliché to suggest books? Anyway, I know two:

An excellent one is Mindless Eating by Brian Wansink. It's all research-based and eye-opening. I've seen videos of the author, he's hilarious.

And, of course, I have to plug Influencer: The Power To Change Anything (I work for the authors' company). It basically teaches skills to change human behavior, and it's applicable to anything. Honestly, the content changed the way I think about things.

Okay, Awesome!