A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Saturday, March 1, 2008

I did it!

Okay, so I have a certificate from high school saying I'm competent with word processing. I thought it too hilarious to throw away. I tend to think I do alright, especially for the basic stuff I usually do.

Today, however, I did something more advanced -- a mail merge. And I actually was able to do it!!! I created it using a list of addresses from my mission prez to send out invites for a mission reunion. I thought I was doing well until Paul came in and showed me that I could skip a step (actually three) to make it a bit easier, but I had created the mail merge before he even came in and helped with a few other details.

I guess my brain does work sometimes ... but don't tell my kids. I've got them convinced that I can't do a thing with legos or any games on the Game Cube. I'm guessing my confession is safe with you ...

4 comments:

Heidi said...

That is cool that you figured out how to do a mail merge, I use to know how, but not after having kids. Congrats!

Hilary said...

So...uh...does that mean you gathered a bunch of envelopes up into a big pile?

(And no worries -- your secret is safe with me!)

Dashley said...

I'm with Hilary. You are so smart that this blog was way over my head. What the heck is a mail merge? :)
Sorry, I have been slow with blog lately. I basically took a week off to spend with Derek on his spring break. I just caught up on your posts. The thing about the brain smarts entry is that when I was first reading those jumbled words I didn't realize they were jumbled. Yes! The human brain is amazing!!!

Dashley said...

P.S. ask me my brain theory sometime.