A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Monday, April 18, 2011

School Fun

This morning the kids are back at school after being home a week for Spring break. I sure love it when we don't have to get them out the door, but the quiet of today is nice, too. :)

Anyway, the day before Spring Break was a busy one -- a field trip, a feast and an unexpected trip to the dr. office ...

Zachary's grade got to go on a field trip to a farm. They have all kinds of little classes and things for them to learn. And they start the day off by shearing a sheep right in front of the kids and let them feel the wool fresh off a sheep: 

(The mom next to me was hilarious -- she was so worried about the sheep and whether or not it hurt him. I assured her the sheep would be at least kicking if he didn't like it. :) Anyway, here is Zachary next to bees, which were very mild -- maybe because it was an overcast, cold day?

I was actually glad to leave the field trip a few minutes early because it was FREEZING! Some of the kids were asking when they'd be done, which is too bad since it could have been a really fun field trip. Anyway, I left so I wouldn't miss Tyler's big Hogwart's Feast.


I got to the feast just as they were finishing their celebration where they eat as much candy as they can shove in their faces. If you can believe it, this is how much candy was left AFTER Tyler's house ate all they could:
They also had pumpkin juice (cold) and butterbeer (warm) for the kids to drink up. Tyler liked them both. (I have to say I didn't care for the pumpkin juice but the butterbeer was okay. : ) Here he is enjoying:
Oh, notice he wore his Ravenclaw shirt? :) I love that he loves it. Also, his house won the house cup by 20 points!!! I can't believe it was so close. He got his house something like 1200 points by reading the HP series. All those points and so few separated them. In any case, here he is with the house cup:
I was so happy for him. After the feast they had a wizard's duel where they had to battle and try to get silly string on the person opposite them before the person across from them got them with silly string. Fun times!

Knowing it was going to be a busy day, I was even a little more stressed to wake up and find this:
I took him to the doctor and it turns out it was just a reaction from his antibiotic he had finished earlier in the week. Did it make Austin unhappy?
Not a chance -- just spotted. :)

2 comments:

Kari Nitzel said...

Looks like the kids had a fun-filled day, even Austin!

Bruce & Sylvia said...

Eventful week. Busy, but the kids had fun. Even Auggie.