A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Buster

So, I forgot to mention a funny about our visit to Pike Place Market. There is one particular place (right behind the pig) that is well known for throwing fish. Although other places do it as well, somehow this one has become the "famous" one (can anyone say location, location, location!).

You other moms may know about the PBS Kids show Postcards from Buster. On one of his visits to Seattle, he goes to Pike Place Market and sees this place where they throw fish. Anyway, my boys are always excited when they see Seattle stuff, so when that Buster was on they watched intently.

So, when when we were at the place Buster visited, I said to the boys, "This is the place Buster got to throw a fish!" One of the workers must have felt sorry for me and felt the need to set me straight. "You know, actually Buster didn't really come here, just the kids did." How does one react to such news? Maybe I should have started quite an argument insisting that I had seen it on TV, and therefore I knew it was true. (Paul and I use this theory often -- if it's on the Internet or on TV, then it MUST be true!)

Instead I decided to turn the tables and put the pity on him. I whispered, "You know, actually Buster isn't real --he's just a cartoon." I hope this wasn't akin to breaking the news about Santa or the Tooth Fairy. And if any of you wonder what I'm talking about wrt Santa ... well ... huh? What are we talking about? Oh yeah, fish ... Santa usually doesn't throw fish ... at least I've never seen him at Pike Place Market ... :)

No comments: