A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Ode to Hilary ...

Okay, I was going to write something clever and witty to let Hil know how much I appreciate her help painting my house this week. But I'm too tired. We worked really hard and really late two nights in a row. Also, I think paint fumes have invaded my creative brain cells ...

So, when I couldn't be creative, I decided I'd post the picture of me and Hilary decked out in BYU football gear. I mean, it is almost football season, and we sure are fans! We borrowed some gear while we were in college for a video we were making. However, scanning through my photos, I couldn't find it. (Must be an "0ld-fashioned" film one. :) I found one of her at the hospital when Tyler was born, of her with me on my wedding day, one of her with me at the hospital when Zachary was born, one of her on her wedding day, one of her with my kids at a birthday party, one of us on graduation day, etc., etc., etc. But no BYU football pic.

However, the photos remind me that we've had a lot of fun times in the last 10 years of being friends. (Okay, we've been friends for 11, but who wants to make us sound old?) And I'm happy to say we'll have many more fun times -- especially since her hubby just got a job that won't make her move away. PHEW!!! (That was a close call!)

Thanks for the painting help, Hil, even when it meant missing out on sleep. I hope you're still sleeping now ... although knowing you, you only "slept in" until 7 a.m.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Wow, Denise, thanks!! I've been so busy helping friends paint and stuff that I haven't been good about checking blogs; I'm so glad I finally got around to it though! I'm just really happy I was finally able to help you with something in your addition... :)