A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Happy birthday, Shayla

Happy birthday to my beautiful, sweet Shayla. She is just adorable and mostly pleasant. I'm so glad I have her home to myself another year before sending her off into the "real" world of elementary school. :)

Here are some birthday pics we took. (Yes, there are lots. That happens when you have such a cute girl!)






Sometimes when you take a lot of pics, you get looks like this:

But even grumpy she's cute! :)





I don't know what it is about this one, but even with her funny look I love it:


We didn't have long to take pics, because her brothers were playing on the playground and she wanted to join them asap! She loves doing anything they do (in fact, she chose pink Legos at the store last week -- only they were cheap imitations and won't stay together, which makes her mad).

We love you, Shayla! You are definitely our little princess.

(Sorry for the weird blogger updates. I pre-set it to post on her b-day, and then it published immediately. So, I took it and put it in drafts. Apparently blogger can't handle change ...)

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

She looks adorable. I love the pictures. I am glad you guys are back, and I can't wait to see pictures from your trip.

Unknown said...

Shayla you are growing up to be so beautiful! I was anxious earlier today when the blog said--pictures of Shayla at one year--then I couldn't access them! Was sure it was a "technilogically challenged problem" that was mine, so I'm glad you got them up Denise! I hope Shayla got my card--I wasn't sure how her birthday fit in with your trip to Omaha.

Carol said...

Whoops! That last comment was from me not from Jana. I hadn't realized that Jana was still logged into my computer. Did I mention that I was technilogically challenged?
Shayla still looks beautiful--even at this writing.

Melissa said...

She is super cute and a sweetie!!! Happy birthday Shayla!!! Welcome back! Hope the driving wasn't too bad!

Bruce & Sylvia said...

Thanks for sharing Shayla on her birthday. We miss you guys.