A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

God's creations

You know what? Technology amazes me. I mean seriously truly repeatedly amazes me. When I met my husband he had a watch with phone numbers in it. This was 13 years ago, so he was totally ahead of his time. :) When he told me he updated it by making updates in his computer and then holding his watch in front of the monitor I completely thought he was pulling my leg. He wasn't. Wow.

And that's not even the technology that's considered advanced. We have smart phones (well, not me -- my cell phone is just a cell phone -- no camera or anything ... but compared to growing up it is sure advanced :). We have surgeries to remove or heal parts of our bodies that aren't working. I am amazed by the Internet and how so much information is available at the tip of my finger.

However, even with all of these advances and technologies, none of them compare with God's "technology." Look at our bodies and how well they work -- man has yet to develop a computer that can mimic our walk in a realistic way or even look human for that matter. Nobody has a camera that can constantly focus on its own like our eyes can.

I started thinking of this when I saw a most beautiful sunset a couple of weeks ago at my house. How beautiful! I took a bunch of pictures, and as I did thought to myself, "The pictures will never convey how pretty this really is." I mean, how many times have you taken pictures of something absolutely gorgeous, only to later wonder why you took so many pictures? I guess even my nice, expensive camera isn't even close to the free eyeballs Heavenly Father created for me. And talk about advanced, His creations are more beautiful than any artwork that I have ever seen.

But because it was really pretty and I think you'll be able to see that, I'll share pictures anyway:





Some technology that could be improved is my photo editing software -- it adds these random rings to pictures (as in the sky above). Oh well. I have a better one, but I'm too lazy to use it. :)

2 comments:

the Rowleys said...

Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Carol said...

I know what you mean about things coming out in pictures not quite as beautiful as they are--amazing. But they are very nice pictures.