A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thankful

I've been meaning for a few days to get on and express my gratitude for the many blessings we have in our lives right now. Sometimes I'm a glass-is-half-empty person, so I'm sure I don't express my gratitude enough for all that we do have.

In fact, recently I realized that I don't show my happiness nearly enough. I am a very content with my life right now, but I realized that maybe others don't know my happiness since I may not show it or express it enough. My MIL sings the "If you're happy and you know it" song by saying, "If you're happy and you know it, then your face will surely show it." That's something I hope to work on more in the future so that people can SEE that I am happy. (Because I always look ticked when I'm not smiling, maybe lots of people will think it's a huge transformation. :)

Anyway, on with the gratitude: First and foremost I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. The knowledge that I have of our Heavenly Father's plan has given me direction and purpose in life. I am so grateful to know that a loving Father would sacrifice His son in my behalf. I am grateful for His power on the earth, and the knowledge that I can not only return to live with Them, but with the wonderful people I have as a part of my life here and now.

I am grateful for a husband who loves me tremendously, even on my bad days. He has been such a blessing to me and I can't imagine life without him. I am grateful that he is works hard all day without complaint and has looked to improve his career so that I can stay home with the kids. He is lovingly supportive in all of my new ideas, plans and theories. He is my best friend.

I am grateful that we have been blessed with great children. Although we have our moments (doesn't everyone?), we are really enjoying our time with our children these days. The older they get, the more fun they are!

I feel so blessed to have such wonderful parents. Seriously, I couldn't ask for a better mom and dad. They talk about serving a mission for our church next year, and I think I'll be heartbroken not to have them nearby! (Good thing senior couples don't have the same rules, eh? :) I have been blessed to be a member of a large family, and I love anytime I can get together with any of them. (We may even make it to visit you in S.C. one day, Brandon! But don't count on it for a few years yet ... :) And I'm grateful that I live near so many siblings now so my kids are actually friends with their cousins. I also have been blessed with friends who uplift and support me in so many ways that some of them feel like family.

I am grateful that we are healthy and happy, and I feel extremely blessed that we all have our mental health.

I'm grateful for so many other things that I just can't list -- you know, things like hot showers, soft beds, heaters and air conditioners, computers, the Internet, etc. People, we live in a really cool time!

Needless to say, I didn't want to let this Thanksgiving pass without using my little space on the Internet to express some thanks.

No comments: