A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Miscellaneous Monday

We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. We just stayed home with our own family and lounged around, which was perfectly relaxing. Paul and Becca helped enough that dinner didn't seem like too much work, and even when EVERYONE was helping, we weren't bumping into each other in our new kitchen. Have I mentioned that I love our new kitchen? :)

I thought I had been doing really well on my gestational diabetes diet -- even with Thanksgiving -- but when I spoke w/them this morning they said I'll probably have to go on medication because my pre-meal numbers are high. I thought the main numbers were the post-meals, but I guess I was wrong. I can't believe how different/strict they are now with the numbers compared to what I had with Tyler, Zachary and Shayla. Sigh ...

We have a name list narrowed down a bit. I'm getting a little grumpy about names, because it's obvious we're going to have to use a name I don't love. Anyone else grow to love a name after they actually used one they didn't care for as much at first? Paul isn't willing to go with any that I really love, and I don't like most of his (I'd list them here to mock, but that isn't nice :), so we're stuck choosing a name that neither one of us really likes but neither of us hates. Sigh. Last night I MADE him pick one from my list to at least consider ... but since he already crossed it out twice I don't think it has a real chance. He says we have time, but I see a SIL and a friend who are both at the end of their pregnancies (actually, one has probably delivered by now!) and still don't have names. If we can't agree now, what makes me think we'll agree four months from now? Why is choosing a name so stressful anyway?!?

I guess I forgot to mention that Paul DID get the Christmas tree he wanted. Mind you, it's a bit shorter and smaller than our other tree, but not a Charlie Brown tree. Nope, a Paul Brown tree instead. :) I'm sure it will be in some of our Christmas pictures later this month.

Yes, our holiday decorations are up! It just gives the home a festive feel, and since I don't decorate for ANY other holiday, I figured we could do it the day after Thanksgiving. Next year we'll also drink yummy hot cider, but I nixed that this year since I didn't want my blood sugar levels to go out the roof.

I just saw a quote this morning that I'll post here, which I think is why I love the holidays so much:

"The outdoor Christmas lights, green and red and gold and blue and twinkling, remind me that most people are that way all year round -- kind, generous, friendly and with an occasional moment of ecstasy. But Christmas is the only time they dare reveal themselves." - Harlan Mills

May you all enjoy the spirit of the season!!!

3 comments:

Theresa C said...

Agreeing on a name is so hard! My husband and I couldn't agree on a name for the longest time. We finally compromised, and named our son after my hubby's favorite mission companion. I didn't love the name Jaren at first, but I really have grown to love it. Plus, my son thinks it is pretty awesome to be named after a great missionary! Good luck.... you'll agree on a name before the baby arrives. :) Just keep an open mind, and make sure the name doesn't rhyme with anything horrible...lol.

Bruce & Sylvia said...

I cant wait to see your kitchen. About 2 weeks. See you then.

Scotty said...

You have plenty of time to come up with a name. We didn't have a name for Jeremy until an hour before leaving the hospital!