A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Forgetful

Really. How is it that I can be so young and yet so forgetful?!? I am painfully reminded of this often. This week already I've forgotten a dentist appointment (Becca's), a friend's plan to come visit (I stood her up!), and probably countless other things ... I just haven't yet remembered what I forgot.

The best explanation that I've heard as to why moms get so forgetful is that they're the brains for so many people. You know, their husband and all their kids. Let's face it -- how many kids know where they need to be and when? And how many dads schedule or take their kids to doctor appointments, parent-teacher conferences or soccer practice? And how many husbands remember to make or go to their dentist appointment w/o their wife reminding them? If you are male and don't need any dental reminders, you are in the minority! So, according to this theory I'm now the brain for six people instead of just myself. That means I have A LOT more to remember, which sadly means I also have a lot more to forget.

I'd like to think once the kids are out of the house my brain will return to its normal "small size" and function properly. But I think by that point my brain will be worn out and just not work as well. (You know, like an old sock with a few holes in it.) That's what I'm guessing happens when you get old (not a hole in the brain, just the not working as well). I'm guessing no amount of brain exercises will fix that, but let's not get hasty and give up Sudoku.

For now, I'll try to write down a lot more and check the calendar more often -- if I remember!!! :) I remembered about the dentist appointment until the day of, and then things happened and I forgot. So sad, considering I was annoyed when they called to remind me and wanted me to call back to confirm. I didn't. Maybe that's why I forgot? It'd serve me right I suppose.

Anyone have any better theories as to why I'm losing my mind?!? :)

1 comment:

Brown Family said...

The reason you're losing your mind is because of global warming. -- Paul