A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Mom

So, I think I had some poor teenage boy at wit's end yesterday. Obviously he hasn't had a lot of experience with women, or at least with snippety moms ... I'm guessing he was a teenager, because he worked at a call center and sounded very young.

Anyway, he asked me who my employer was. I said I guessed it was me. He asked, "So, you're self-employed?" I said, "Well, I don't get paid." He said, "So you don't work?" I said, "I'm a mom -- of course I work!" He said, "So, your a stay-at-home mom?" I said, "Well, I don't really stay at home much, but I am a mom." At this point I could tell he had no idea what to ask or write down for his "standard" question.

I said, "You haven't really talked to a lot of moms, have you?" He said no. I said, "Well, I'm a mom, so obviously I do a lot of work, although I'm not home much, and I don't get paid." He finally acted like he got it. However, maybe he just figured he'd move on and skip all of the other "standard" questions to find out why I was calling. Poor boy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this! Yesterday I figured out that I should make a minimum of $900 a month seeing that is what it would cost for 3 of my 5 to be in full time daycare at the cheap place! We all know our job doesn't exactly go from 7-6 daily! Then we have cook, housekeeper, bill payer, tutor, taxi driver, ect. Yes, wouldn't it be nice if we actually got paid! lol