A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Friday, October 26, 2007

Jury Duty

How is it that two small words can create such distaste and/or fear in people? Well, my letter came in the mail this week. Jury duty. On Halloween. Halloween?!? Don't ruin a perfectly fun holiday for me! I have to miss Tyler's class carnival (I signed up to help) because I don't know how long I will be at the court ... they even specify to bring something to do so you don't get too bored.

So, today I had a brilliant idea ... If I show up in costume, do you think the judge would immediately dismiss me? What costume would be the best to get out of there quickly? A robber with a plastic gun? An escaped convict in a jail costume? Actually, either one of those might get me thrown into jail. So, let's see ... how about a protester? You know, hold up a sign saying something like, "Guilty unless proven innocent, but probably guilty!" Or maybe I should just dress as a judge with a clown wig ...

In any case, I am excited for Halloween. Isn't it a fun holiday?!? I am so excited for Shayla's costume. She's going to be a witch, and the orange and black costume actually match her hair pretty well. When I took her in for professional pics, the photographers were oohing and aahing over her like they'd never seen a girl so cute, which I'm sure they hadn't (says the mom).

My boys are going to be pirates again. They were pirates two years ago as well. They debated about firemen (which they were last year) and pirates, but when the dollar store had weapons for pirates, well, then it was obvious in their minds what they should be. Let's face it -- the dollar store just doesn't carry rubber hoses, fire hydrants or stuffed dalmatians. But I'm guessing this may not be our last year of fire fighters and/or pirates. Becca's costume idea is a cute one. She's going as the tooth fairy. I told her she should give out pennies to kids she passes while trick-or-treating.

In any case, I don't know how anyone doesn't just LOVE Halloween -- cute kids, yummy candy and awesome Halloween scrapbooking paper and embellishments. And it all boils down to scrapbooking once again ... :)

Pics will come on Nov. 1 ... as well as juicy details about my jury duty experience, which I'm hoping end up being not so juicy and more like non-existent.

No comments: