A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope you all had as great a holiday as we did. The only thing that went wrong was that it went by so fast. Sigh. Oh, that and getting locked out of our house ...

So, we came home from a family Thanksgiving celebration to find that we were locked out of our house with no spare key. A friend had unintentionally locked us out after borrowing the key and locking it inside. (Don't worry Hil, I said friend instead of your name so nobody knows it was you.) Anyway, upon first discovery, Zachary nearly started to cry, "I don't want to sleep in the garage!" We assured him we would definitely not sleep in the garage.

We tried to figure out the best option to get in, but we're just too safe, I suppose -- all doors and windows were locked good and tight. When Zachary saw that we weren't going to get in quickly, he came up with the obvious solution the rest of us had missed: "Well, I guess we'll have to live in the garage." That's it! Forget the rest of the house. This garage IS nice. I mean, it's got more toys in it than I allow into the house, so why not? It's where we keep our food storage, our space heater and our sleeping bags (not to mention the tent), so why didn't we think of it sooner? Forget the warm house with comfortable beds. :)

Oh, the innocence of children. He seemed to accept it quickly and realize that his life was about to change. Little did he know that his daddy would get us inside just a few minutes later. (Of course, I can't divulge HOW we got in or it would compromise our safety if YOU tried to break in! And I won't mention how easy it can be to break into a house with a screwdriver and pliers.) I'll remember the garage, though, next time Zachary wants to go camping. Sure -- set up your tent in the garage. And don't wake me up when you come inside in the middle of the night after changing your mind!

No comments: