A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Where's the treat?

Okay, so I've never been a big fan of pets. Sorry, but I always feel like I have to wash my hands every time I touch them. (I won't tell you how I cleaned them as a child to save time -- it's just gross ... but at least I spit afterwards.) Okay, TMI.

Anyway, I'm fine with people liking their pets, and I'm definitely against animal abuse. However, they're not your kids. Seriously. I couldn't believe when I got my first professional job and a dog was in our office daily. When he ate a wrapper out of my garbage can, I got into trouble for leaving a choking hazard for the owner's dog. When he had gas in the conference room during a LONG meeting, the owner just laughed. And when he barfed on a co-workers' feet and she screamed, she was told it was no worse than baby spit-up. (Let's not mention that babies were not allowed at the office ...)

Anyway, I had a moment recently when I realized the dog love has gone too far -- when I visited the bank. Now, my kids love going through the drive-thru at the bank, because they always get a sucker. What more could a kid ask for when just sitting in the car? However, they now have doggie biscuits at the drive-thru!!! And my sisters' bank doesn't even have suckers for the kids -- only doggie treats for the dogs. Hello, what am I missing?

Ok, my sister Rachel does have a really cute dog that Shayla loves. However, even she thought it strange that the bank offered the puppy a treat and none of her kids got one. As long as I never have to encounter Gabe the smelly office dog again, though, I think I can handle some doggie biscuits at the drive-thru, even if it is ridiculous.

To end on a positive note, here is a cute pic of my sister's dog Daisy dreaming big ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't she the cutest dog ever? And no, I don't think of her as one of my kids, I just have lots of fun with her!