A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ...

Okay, it's not really beginning to LOOK a lot like Christmas, but I'm in the spirit early this year. Last weekend Paul and I took an anniversary getaway (10th anniversary is in two weeks!), and we had two full days without kids. Heavenly. :) So, what did we do on our time away? Christmas shopping, of course!

I do have to admit that we had a short conversation about how we spent our anniversary thinking about and buying things for our kids. We've seen several sitcoms or magazine articles where they think they're pathetic or give suggestions in case you can't discuss anything but the kids. Well, we CAN discuss other things, but we sure love our kiddos! And shopping to buy the coolest Christmas presents ever? That was totally fun. So, yes, we did think about our kids a lot while we were away, and we still enjoyed every minute of it.

Now, back to Christmas shopping. We've got two things left to buy and we're done! We get jammies for the kids to open every Christmas Eve, and we buy a new game to open on Christmas Eve as well. Those are the only two things we have left. (Helps that each kid is only getting two things in addition to the family gift ... which I can't mention in case any of them happen to read my blog! WE don't want to ruin the surprise. ;)

I now realize how wise my parents were in starting these traditions: When you get new jammies for Christmas Eve, you look great in the Christmas pictures. (If my kiddos wore the jammies they wear to bed every night, there's a chance they'd have jammie bottoms clear up to their knees! ;) And the new game on Christmas Eve helps the day go by faster so the kids have something to do instead of just asking over and over how soon it is until Christmas. On that note, anyone have any great game ideas? We've been playing Bang! recently and that's a lot of fun. We bought Killer Bunnies last year, and although the kids enjoy it Paul and I don't. So we'd love suggestions ...

Other than that, we have a fun, exciting announcement. Something great is going to be happening next year. Any guesses???

5 comments:

Leslie said...

shuuuuuuuuuuuuut up! Im not even going to guess!!!

Leslie said...

no no no..I know its not this. Too many things pointing to NO on my idea. So now you REALLY have me wondering!

Lizzylou said...

What is happening next year??? Either you're pregnant again, or you're going to Disneyland-am I right? Our family likes doodle dice because everyone can play it, and it is fun with just adults, or even with 2 yr olds. Good luck!

Heidi said...

so my guess is that you are going to be adopting another child. boy wouldn't that be fun. I haven't come across any new games but I will keep my eyes open

Melissa said...

Bohnanza, aka The Bean Game, Skip-Bo and Guillotine are our three favorite family games right now!! We have them if you want to borrow them and give them a try! Doodle Dice is a super fun game too!

Don't keep me in suspense too long! What is happening next year?