A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

My baby is two!!!

Time really has flown by. I can't believe that my little baby (who is not so little anymore) is already two years old!!! We had a great day with her on her birthday.

The gift she opened in the morning was a My Little Pony. I figured she would love to brush their hair over and over and over. However, when I went to buy one I found that they no longer come with the cute little brushes. Are you kidding me?!? That's what little girls like to do with the ponies -- brush their hair! So, I went over to the hair section of Walmart and bought a separate comb and brush that are a bit too big. She seems to like them anyway. (Notice that she still has her adorable chubby cheeks.)


I loved making her birthday cake. She has never seen Sesame Street, so I have no idea if she even likes it; however, I know that she LOVES cookies. She seemed confused when we went to my parent's house last week and there weren't any cookies on top of the microwave as usual. (By the way, my parents have solved the problem by pulling more cookies out of the pantry to stick in their usual place as to not create additional confusion for other grandchildren. :) Anyway, I love this picture of her getting ready to blow out her candles:


I should clarify that she wouldn't actually blow out her candles. Good thing we had plenty of kids around to help out with that. :)

Hilary and her family found a perfect gift for her the day before at a yard sale. It's a little princess vanity with a stool. As you can see from this picture, she LOVES it! Thank you Roberts!


On Monday I took Shayla to the photo studio to get pictures for her birthday. Now, I knew she would be a challenging subject since I take so many pictures of her that she completely ignores the camera. However, what I didn't expect was that she was scared of their camera! I guess the louder "click" and extra flashing lights were too much for her, so she kept trying to run out of the room. Oops. Doesn't help that we had to wait in the lobby for 30 minutes, all of which Shayla spent happy dancing and singing. Anyway, she was already done by the time we started, so when they started taking pictures with the "scary" camera, she wanted not a thing to do with it.

Good thing that on her birthday I took some impromptu pics ... which also happen to be of her running away. Isn't she a doll?!?

2 comments:

Dashley said...

She is ADORABLE! I love love love red heads. And you never cease to amaze me with your creativity Denise! Did you come up with that idea on your own? If I ever need any clever ideas I am coming to you! Happy Birthday Shayla!

Scotty said...

The pictures of her running are fantastic! You've got some good photography skills.