A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Surreal ... or boring?

Do you ever have times in your life when it just feels surreal? I've been thinking about this as Paul embarks on a new adventure for work. This new job didn't feel real until we had travel plans set for him to fly to Delaware today, and that didn't happen until Friday. (Kind of a nervous feeling after you've already quit the other job!) It still doesn't feel really real to me, though, since I'm at home doing the same ol' thing.

This weekend we also had to buy plane tickets for Paul's mom's wedding to a man we've never met. In fact, as of last weekend we'd never even heard of the fellow. So, that's been weird to buy tickets to something that seems surreal ... or at least odd.

Then I started thinking about my friends and this summer. My friend Autumn had a baby last week, so that's obviously a huge life change for her. My buddy Hilary is gone for the summer spending time with family and family and family. My buddy Marilee is gone to Texas for the summer while her husband does an internship. And here I sit doing the same ol' thing.

As I started to think about this I really started to feel boring! I am not bored with my life and don't find myself boring, but maybe my life is just boring?!? Maybe I need to travel or have a secret life of my own! Then again, it is rather nice and peaceful to lead a boring life. I think I'll stick with it for now. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Be grateful for boring...it means you probably aren't going through any great trials! Your life can't be that boring with 4 kids around. Though if you want to travel you are welcome to come visit us...someone you never met...became a blogging friend over the internet...somewhat in your mission area...but, really I've decided boring is great after my last few days! We women are just never happy are we...either we are too busy or not busy enough! LOL