A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Character Mania

We were very happy to have the kids meet quite a few characters in Disneyland. I wasn't sure how many would be out since they had shorter hours and this is "off-season." I had made them autograph books so they could get the autographs, and that was fun.

I had no idea what to expect from Shayla. However, I wasn't surprised when we met our first character (Pluto) and she was very hesitant. Just look at her face:


The next character we met was Minnie Mouse. What did surprise me was how fascinated Shayla was with her. She didn't even want to look at the camera:


We had seen Goofy earlier in costume but didn't want to stand in line, so we caught him later in Toon Town, sans skeleton costume:


At one point we were just getting snacks out of the stroller and I was handing out trail mix to everyone. All of a sudden this guy puts his arm around Becca and says with an accent, "What are you eating?" We look up, and it's Jack Sparrow. Mind you, NONE of us have ever seen any of the pirates movies, but we knew who he was. I asked him to wait for a picture, but he was off. Later I realized that we had passed him without realizing it, so I grabbed my camera and told Becca to go stand by him while he was walking to his "post." Becca walked over by him, and he said, "We meet again, Trail Mix Girl!" It was hilarious. I was just glad I got a picture, because I had the long-zoom lens on, so I had to run a bit ahead of them to get the shot:


That was probably Becca's highlight of the trip. I still can't believe he remembered her. Yes, it had only been minutes, but how many thousands of people do they see every day?!?

Shayla was completely in her element when we meet Pooh, Eeyore and Tigger. We were in line before they came out, and when she first saw Pooh she just got so happy and tried to get to him. (Lines don't mean a thing to a 2-year-old!) Anyway, she was happy and just stared and babbled to him while we waited to meet him. Then she got up there and gave him a kiss. It was adorable:



Eeyore was just around the corner, and she loved him as well. I LOVED his autograph, which included a raining cloud over his name. :) Anyway, when we told Shayla to tell Eeyore goodbye, she blew him a kiss. It was so cute:

We noticed a little while later Tigger was now where Eeyore had been, and we didn't want to wait in line again for Pooh, so in between people we let Shayla meet him. She LOVED it. Isn't this just adorable:
Our longest line was to wait in line for "the man," Mickey Mouse. He's a bit short, eh? :)

Mickey seemed especially short after we met Woody:
Our last character meeting was probably the one that made Tyler laugh the most. Cruella asked them, "Do you have any puppies at home?" Tyler thought that was hilarious:

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hello Denise!

You are making my week with all the pics of Disneyland. We cannot wait to head to the "world" in 89 days (yes, i'm a bit obsessed). Thank you for all your support and prayers. Life has been a bit rough lately but there are certainly blessings in the mix.

I got your mom's message a few weeks ago but accidently erased her info. When you have a moment, could you email me her number? I would love to get in contact with her to try and arrange some time to see each other in Florida. My sisters and I are so excited to see them!

So glad you are doing well and please, keep sharing all your Disney pictures! :)

Hilary said...

Poor Cruella. I was just thinking about the fact that the characters could all be totally frowning in all the pictures and you would never know -- no need to worry about sore cheeks from smiling too much. Then I got to the one of Cruella. Smiling for every picture would be easy compared to the posing she does! :)