A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Goodbye to Soccer ... for this year ...

Tyler's last soccer game was last night, so we're done for the season. I LOVE that my boys love soccer. They really do. I don't think I even realized how much they loved it until we got our nice zooming lens, and I noticed that Tyler is smiling in almost every picture that I take. We've never had to talk them into going to their games -- I just mention that we're headed to soccer and they get ready and go.

I'm especially glad that as of now they're just enjoying playing. One day they'll probably get a little more competitive (if they are anything like their mother), but for now I'm the only one who gets nervous! They both love to play goalie, and until the last couple of weeks I've felt like I need to go stand next to them and remind them to pay attention when the ball is coming their way. Believe me, I have plenty of pictures of them goofing off, especially while playing goalie. However, they've both done really well at the position.

Anyway, here are a few pics of my cute little soccer players having a blast:





Here are the two things I won't miss:

(Eating quickly to get out the door or grabbing Little Caesar's on the way)

and

(Trying to keep Shayla off the field. She was great most of the season -- we pointed at the white line and told her not to cross it. If she did she got stuck on a lap for five minutes, which she hated, so she wouldn't do it again. Then two weeks ago she started testing her limits as you can see -- she's not PAST the white line, just as close as she can be to passing the line. :) Last week she kept running out on the field no matter what we did. Needless to say, that was her last game to attend!)

I'm sure we'll have more soccer stories and pictures next year. For now, adieu!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures! :)