A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Clearance is awesome

So, yesterday morning Tyler needed help snapping up his jeans. Yes, they were a bit tight. I asked if they were too uncomfortable to wear, and he insisted they weren't. Whatever. So, I decided I would head out and buy him some new pants to wear.

I went to Walmart guessing that's where I'd find my best deal. More than $10 for little boys' jeans? Sigh. Everything seems to be going up in price. So, I bought him three pairs, which ended up being more than $30. Sigh again.

Well, later I needed to run to Kmart for something. I almost never go there. I don't know how the one here in town stays in business, because there is hardly ever anyone there. In fact, I had my prescriptions there for a long time, because there was NEVER a wait. (I've since transferred them to Macey's because of their drive-up window.)

Anyway, when we went in we discovered that they had racks and racks of boys' pants on clearance. Hello! I got distressed wrangler jeans with cargo pockets for $4. I got athletic pants for $2.50 (and the matching jacket for $3). I got khakis. I got cammo. I got a total of six pairs for Tyler for only $21. Yes!!! I also got two pairs for Zachary and three pairs of size 10 for Tyler to grow into.

Last week Paul and I stopped by Kmart to return something and happened upon their gym shoes on clearance for $5. I got a Spiderman pair for each of the boys and a Dora pair for Shayla. I think I should stop into Kmart a bit more often ... Maybe this is how they stay in business -- people come in to get their AWESOME clearance and then tell their friends. I love great deals! :)

Needless to say, I've got to make a trip to Walmart to get back a bit of money ...

Oh, and did I mention that DREYERS GIRL SCOUT COOKIE ICE-CREAM is out! YES!!!

4 comments:

Theresa C said...

I'm a big fan of the clearance racks, too! I use the money that I save to feed my scrapbooking habit :)

the Rowleys said...

I love finding good deals! They just make my day. Sounds like you are the same. :) The ultimate for me is garage sales. At least here in Seattle, they are name brand clothes, that have been wore by only one child. That is the best deal every!

Lizzylou said...

I love deals and garage sales also. Sometimes great deals still seam expensive after finding like new clothes for a quarter, but I'll take what I can get:) I should break down and let my kids wear character shoes so I can get them for $4. Their PJ's however have all of the characters they want- so they aren't too deprived :)

MIMOM2 said...

I am completely addicted! We have a verb for this in our house - to spave. One needs to spend to save. John always asks how much did you spave me this time :) Great job!