A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Great Strides Walk

Every year there is a "Great Strides Walk" to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. They always have fun activities for the kids, and this year (thanks to Paul's company's matching-donation program) my family was able to raise about $2,000!

Anyway, my niece was the grand marshall this year, which basically means she got to ride in a car and pass all of us as we went on the walk. Can you tell how much my two nieces love getting their pictures taken?


Here we are with Cosmo, BYU's mascot. It's always a good day when Cosmo is there!


Here's some of the fun they had for the kids. I love my niece's (with Shayla) and nephew's (with Zachary) faces in the first picture:


The Flash mascot was there, too. Who are the Flash? (Ha, ha, ha ... minor-league team)


All in all it was a lot of fun. They also have Home Depot there with projects for the kids, and they have free lunch for everyone. The best part is that Paul and I won a great tool set (cordless drill, hand vac, circle saw, flashlight) in the drawing.

Cure CF!!!

No comments: