A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Monday, July 13, 2009

One thing I forgot ...

One more thing I've learned from watching the construction on our home why construction is male-dominated. Sure, there is a lot of hard work there, so their strength comes in handy and useful. However, I think the biggest reason is because of communication.

The guys are content to just work and not talk. Can you imagine? No, it's not very easy to talk while power tools and compressors are going off every other minute. However, even so, I have been surprised at the lack of conversation going on during the work.

When I was helping my dad frame the basement I chatted his ear off ... which later made me wonder if he appreciated my help. :) I realized guys don't have to chat to "bond" -- they just work together side by side and that's enough. Can you imagine women trying to do that? Not even possible ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree! Not possible! We gotta talk!