A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Idol mania

So, are you a big fan of American Idol? I'm not really. I don't mind it, but it's not a show we ever really watch. However, my nieces are pretty big into it. Maybe you've heard there's a little Utah boy in the final three? Yes, yesterday David Archuletta came back for a visit. As it turns out he was swarmed by fans, including two of my nieces.

At least my nieces got what they wanted -- to see the idol. And even better, to be on the front page with him. This photo was on the front page of the newspaper today, and there are my nieces right behind him on the front page of the newspaper. I'm so proud. ;)



And for those of you who wondered, NO, they were not circled in yellow in the newspaper ...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We are Idol Mania fans! How exciting for your neices! We love David A. and I just knew all those Morman girls have kept voting for him to keep him in the competition. I went to the season 2 final 4 AI show and sat across the isle from Simon. I looked like an idiot on TV but, had a blast! I think David A. would be a great idol as I would be glad to let my pre-teens listen to his music. He is good kid and is adored by his fans!

Hilary said...

Wow. That many people and they were right there for the picture. Amazing! Who is it? It looks like Alyssa, but who is with her?

Ann Marie said...

My co-worker is a big idol fan and I finally watched it last week. She just loves David A and hopes he wins. How fun for your nieces.

Brown Family said...

For the record, it is Alyssa & Savannah. Also, I believe that Mormon boy from Ricks was voted off several seasons ago because they moved the competition to Wednesday night instead of Tuesday night for the President's State of the Union, and most of the Mormon girls have YW on Wednesday nights and therefore couldn't vote for him. Up until then he hadn't been in the bottom three ... just a theory, but a darn good one. :)