A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Soccer fun

Tyler's spring soccer finished Saturday. This happened to be a very COLD year for them to start spring soccer. Oh well ... Tyler had a lot of fun anyway. And when I say a lot, I mean A LOT!

Tyler has decided that soccer is his favorite sport. This year he was a lot better about getting in and trying to kick the ball. (Last fall he ran around screaming, "Watch out!" and "We're going to score!" and such. Mind you, he never really tried to kick the ball, but I guess he figured he'd scare the other team w/his "threats." :) So, I was excited to see him get in and try a lot more this season.

He did something else this season he didn't do last time he played -- he had a lot more fun. Did I mention that? If the ball was near him, he tried to get in on the action. (He had an assist to the game-winning goal in one game and six saves as goalie in their last game.) However, he seemed to have even more fun when the ball was nowhere near him. He was great entertainment for me and other parents who happened to notice. And he didn't even need other boys for his fun, although they sure helped ...



Somehow I think he found playing goalie the most fun ...







There are lots more pictures where these came from! I guess I shouldn't have been so nervous having him goalie, because he loved. In between all his fun, he only let two balls get past him all season. By the way, did I mention that he had FUN?!? I think these pictures prove that ...

No comments: