A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Ty Guy!

Today is Tyler's seventh birthday! Am I really old enough to have a 7 year old? Anyway, I am so grateful for such a wonderful little boy. He is so thoughtful and caring and is just so darn cute!

When he was a baby I had hundreds of comments about his wonderful eyelashes. They are great! I even had one man who had the nerve to tell me it was a waste on a boy. Whatever! Tyler's daddy has wonderful eyelashes, and I have never felt like they're a waste!

Tyler is an awesome big brother. He is so excited to help Zachary learn his letter sounds and start reading. He is great about thinking about others. One day in kindergarten I got worried when the teacher came over and said she needed to talk to me. I figured maybe he had poked someone or done some other little boy thing. However, she talked about how awesome he was with the new little boy in class. She had asked him to try to be his friend, and she said he kept trying to include the boy over and over, even if the boy said no. She was really impressed, and I was so happy. I'd much rather have a thoughtful little boy than the smartest kid in class any day!

Anyway, here are a few pics to stroll/scroll down memory lane ... and to show my new friends what a cute little kid my "oldest" was! (He was the oldest, although he's not now. Now we call him our first child and we call Becca our third child. Confusing, huh? :)

With sunscreen in his hair (which never looked normal afterwards, so I just spiked it) and chocolate on his face:


A great big brother from the start. He was never jealous of our new baby, even though he was just 20 months old:


How much cuter can this boy get?


He would love to be a firefighter one day:


And if you know him you know that he LOVES piggies!!!



This was him on the last day of first grade with his home-sewn bear Adam Tyler Brown. :)


We love you, Ty Guy!!!

No comments: