A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend

This weekend was crazy busy, but not too stressful since we were sans kids. Paul and I flew up to Washington for his mom's wedding. I haven't flown on a plane for years, and our flight up was really bumpy. It didn't help that the man across the aisle was trying to entertain his son by saying, "Uh oh, uh oh" just moments before the plane dropped a bit. The poor lady next to me gasped and grabbed her arm rest. She was quite embarrassed by her reaction, but that's how I felt inside!

Needless to say, we made it there safely. We went to the beach on Friday with Paul's family and spent hours there. It was a lot of fun, and enough to give everyone a sunburn for the wedding photos. I said we should pose one where it looks like we're all fighting. Because of the red faces, maybe people would believe it. :)

I spent most of the time up there STUFFED! Our good friends the Kommavongsas fed us very well -- probably a little too well. I think I gained five pounds in just that one weekend. We were bummed we weren't going to be able to eat with them more (only one dinner) since they are such awesome cooks. They decided to show us that their skills extend beyond dinner and made us some very delicious and filling breakfasts. I've never had such a wonderful breakfast burrito -- I was only bummed I was still too stuffed from the day before to eat another one! Anyway, thanks Amp & Julie for being such gracious hosts and friends. They didn't even get offended when we ate and ran, which it seemed we did the entire trip up there. :)

We loved seeing Paul's family, who rarely gets together with everyone. I said that at the rate we're going, we won't see them all until Paul's mom dies, and that's a good 30 years away! We'll see if we can't make it happen much sooner. (Seeing everyone, not the funeral.)


In any case, here are a few pics. The first one is of me and Paul -- we just looked nice and had to document the moment:
This is the cute baby I got to play with all weekend (Paul's sister's daughter Emma):
This is my favorite picture from the entire weekend -- the flower girls (cousins London and Raychel) trying to catch the bouquet:

No comments: