A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Saturday, April 5, 2008

General Conference

Am I the only one who both dreads and looks forward to General Conference?

I look forward to not having to wear a dress and go sit at church for three hours, at least one of which is used battling kids. However, I dread having to sit still while trying not to fall asleep for eight hours. (Sunday afternoon session is the hardest!)

I so look forward to the inspiration and counsel we'll receive, yet I dread I'll realize some things I'm doing really wrong. I look forward to seeing how each Apostle looks, yet I don't like thinking they may not be on earth much longer. (Elder Eyring was using a cane last week at the Young Women's broadcast. Isn't he a bit "young" to do that?)

I look forward to our traditional meal of sweet and sour meatballs, although I'm not exactly fond of making it. (No wonder it became a twice-a-year only meal.)

In any case, I look forward to it much more than I dread it. So far I've stayed mostly awake (moreso than Paul :) for the first two sessions, and I've felt inspired and encouraged at strengthening my testimony and faith. These men are of God, so it's no surprise that they share messages of hope, strength and love. I only wish the whole world knew of their divine power.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I find GC to be the best weekend to get projects around the house done or spring clean. I work and listen. We painted today! Otherwise, we usually fall asleep and unless we are inspired in our dreams it seems kinda of pointless. Tomorrow we will probably fold laundry to keep us busy for the first half. Oh, and thanks for the GC packets. I passed them along and got many Thank You's back.

Dashley said...

I love general conference. I do feel guilty when I start to make a mental list of all the things I need to improve. Oh, and Elder Eyring was using a cane because he fell down his stairs and broke his foot.