A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Georgia Macon Mission reunion

Last night I attended my first mission reunion in 10 years!!! Has it REALLY been that long?!? I actually didn't know a lot of the people there, but my first three companions were there, so that was awesome. I also got to see several other sisters and Elders I knew, as well as lots who I didn't.

I spoke with one Elder who served the same time I did, and neither of us thought the other's name or face looked remotely familiar. When we compared areas we figured that we really did not serve anywhere near each other. Crazy how that is, yet President and Sister Jacobsen are expected to get to know and remember all 450 of us (over the course of their three years).

I get so excited to see and reminisce with former Georgia Macon Missionaries. It's a shame I don't get to see some of them more often. It's amazing how much effort and time kids take so that we're not available to get together more often! I live only 10 minutes from one old comp and about 20 from another. And I see them once every couple of years!!!

I also realize that many of my former comps live farther away: Arizona (3 of 'em), the Carribean, Switzerland, Germany, and possibly Idaho and Texas. (Not sure about the last two since I've been out of touch so long, but that's where they were from.) Good thing for e-mail for those who do want to stay in touch!

In any case, I'm grateful for the memories and experiences I had and would recommend a mission to ANYONE. Mission reunions? Well, not as much. But I did happen to enjoy this one. I'm just hoping it doesn't take me another 10 years to see some of these people again!

No comments: