A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Spring Break

I knew we were in trouble early yesterday afternoon when Tyler said, "Mom, I don't know what to do." We had already been to the park for more than two hours, and we were only on the first day of spring break, and already he was bored. This is our first year of Spring Break being a full week -- usually it was only 3 days. I think I'd prefer the 3 days, because I'm afraid first grade has taken away Tyler's imagination. He used to be able to entertain himself for hours, and he was even mad when he started first grade and didn't have enough time to play. Now when he has time, he can't think of anything to do.

At least we're finally having warm weather so they can play outside. Last week was FREEZING! It even snowed. I took a picture of a poor bird hopping around the snow:


I froze at Tyler's soccer games last week and probably would have skipped Thursday's game if it hadn't been picture day. Yesterday was perfect. Today a storm is blowing in so it's not nearly as nice, but hopefully it's just today. We're ready for spring ... as are the birds!

Happy Spring Break to you whatever weather you're in!

No comments: