A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Going to the zoo, zoo, zoo ...

Both Tyler and Shayla got to go to the zoo this year for field trips. I wasn't able to join Tyler's class, but I went with Shayla's class earlier this month. The Hogle Zoo is undergoing some major changes, and I can't wait to see the new polar bears they have acquired. Unfortunately, though, the bears were too busy adapting to their new romping grounds to be on exhibit. But we got to see lots of cool animals.

First we saw the tigers, my favorite animal:
 

As we were leaving, one of the zoo workers had a piece of tiger fur for the kids to touch. I hadn't even realized before that the coloring of a tiger is much like my cute Shayla's. No wonder I think her hair is so cute! ;)

Can you tell what animal this is:

It's an ostrich! It came up to the fence and spread its wings and bobbed its head back and forth. I've never seen that.

Gotta love the lion drinking fountain -- classic!
I always feel bad for the giraffes -- totally uncool place to be kept
 
Huge tortoise
 

No comments: