A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Start 'em early

I once read that you should have kids start helping you with chores when they are four or five years old. Great idea. Even better idea? Start them earlier! Kids LOVE to help, and even though it takes 100x longer than it would for me to do it, I'd rather they start learning the proper way to do things. (Then again, I don't think this necessarily works, because my 18-year-old still doesn't do it the proper way most times. Ditto to my 10-year-old, and especially my 9-year-old. Sigh ...)

Anyway, Austin decided he wanted to help unload the dishwasher, so we let him. I figure a broken plate here or there won't matter ... but fortunately he didn't break one.

(By the way, we designed our kitchen with the plates low so the kids could help. That has been a great decision!)

 
 

Now to get the bigger kids to think helping is fun. I guess that's not really a possibility since I don't think any of it is fun, either ...

No comments: