A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

And you are?

Yesterday I went to a class at Gold's Gym where the instructor looked SO MUCH like my niece Arianne. In fact, several times during the class I would just look at her and laugh, because it was unlike my niece to be peppy while leading an exercise class. The resemblance was crazy.

So, that makes me think of all the times I think someone looks familiar. My brain so full (must be that wisdom that comes with age ;) that a lot of it just keeps falling out. Even when I do see someone familiar, I don't know if they just look like someone or if they are someone I've once met or known.

And then I've got the dilemma of placing them: Are you from my high school? From a ward at one point in my life? From my mission in Georgia? From my days at BYU? From my single years in Seattle? From my married years in Seattle? Or are you anyone I know at all?!?

I've come to the decision that it's just easier to remember people if you live in the same place for years and years. I've had two or three people stop me to say hi since we moved back to Utah, and a couple of them I didn't even remember. That's a little embarrassing. In fact, there is a girl in my ward who I went to high school with, and I can't remember her AT ALL. I mean, I don't even remember seeing her ever at school. The good news is that I don't think she remembers me, either. It wasn't until we found out we happened to both go to Springville High School the same years that we even realized we went to school together.

Good news is that as I get older people expect me to forget ... so should I even try to remember? ;) Oh, and by the way, what's your name again???

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Hello there. Let me introduce myself. My name is Hilary. "Just keep swimming, swimming..."