A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Creativity

So, I think I've mentioned several times that my boys have awesome artistic skills. I believe it's the creativity of the Brown side. Most of Paul's family (if not all of them) are very creative. So, fortunately my kids have gotten those genes. Becca designs cute scrapbook pages and is starting into creative writing. She's always written poetry, following in her mother's footsteps. And my boys' art? Well, just look for yourself at a few of their creations (first two are Zachary's, next is Tyler's):
Paul is a whitty, creative guy, too. One year he gave me a very creative gift -- a Snickers candy bar. You say, "What is creative about a Snickers?" Well, it wasn't just a Snickers (which, by the way, is my favorite candy bar). He also included the following:

"The Perfect Christmas Gift for Denise

I searched through the stores high and low,
Looking for the perfect gift for you.

I braved the crowds and walked up and down the aisles,
I wondered, 'Which gift is just right?'

I walked past boxes of chocolates,
I thought of how sweet you are and all the things you do for me.

Next I saw fancy Christmas nuts,
I remembered all the fun we have and your great sense of humor.

Across the aisle were chewy caramels,
Your wonderful personality came to mind and how much I love being stuck with you.

I saw creamy nougat candies on the shelf below,
I wondered if this could be the gift to tell you how much I love you?

I then saw the perfect gift right under my nose,
It seemed so simple that I almost missed it.

I snickered to myself as I picked up a nutty and caramel candy,
Held together with nougat and covered in milk chocolate.

Mery Christmas
I love you,
Paul"

I already loved Snickers, but now I love them even more. :) Hopefully he'll keep that creativity in mind as he remembers the upcoming Valentine's Day. (Hint, hint. :)

No comments: