A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Screamin' good deal ...

Last night Paul found a screamin' good deal on Dreyers ice cream. (For those of you east of the Rockies, I believe it's called Eddy's for you.) Anyway, we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that ice cream. If you haven't tasted it, maybe you never should -- if you do then you're stuck buying it from now on, because there is nothing that compares!

So, we made the "unfortunate" discovery years ago, and thus all the ice cream we buy is Dreyers brand. Here is the dilemma -- Dreyers costs more than $5. That is not a price we are willing to pay for ice cream. Our max is $3.50. So we buy Dreyers only when it goes on sale. The most common sale is for $3.50, although once in a while it is sold for $3. Once in a very long time we can get it for $2.50, which is when we stock up.

However, Paul called me from the grocery store last night to tell me of an even better deal. I had told him to check the price of the Dreyers ice cream since I had seen some Girl Scout Cookie Dreyers at Walmart and can price match if Maceys doesn't have it. He called to tell me it was on sale for $1.25. Hello!!! I said, "Is it expired? Are you sure you're looking in the right place?" He checked several times before stocking up with A LOT of Dreyers ice cream.

Sure enough, that was the sale price. We have never seen it that cheap. (The U of U kind of Dreyers was on that sale, too, but we're not about to buy that even if it is delicious.) Anyway, he got mostly the Samoas flavor, which has Samoas Girl Scout Cookies in it. (YUMMY!!!) I think he had four or six of that flavor, and the girl bagging his groceries said, "Is this a good kind?"

Paul answered, "No, actually it is disgusting. We just have a sick sense of humor and give it to our enemies." Okay, he didn't really say that. He just said yes and chuckled to himself.

So now for the real question: Does anyone want to try Samoas Dreyers ice cream? If so, come on over!!!

4 comments:

Dashley said...

I so wish I could!! Sounds so good! I think to make up for it I will go out and buy some. I hear you are headed this way Pise :) Well, I for sure want to see you guys. Can we fix you dinner one night?? THANK YOU FOR THE ORNAMENT! SO SO CUTE!

Dashley said...

p.s. exactly how many gallons did you get?

Dashley said...

I bought some yesterday and its almost gone already, oops!

Brown Family said...

Notice I'm not answering the "how many gallons did you get" question?