A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Valentine's Day ...

... just isn't the same when your husband isn't trying to "woo" you. I've heard that romance dies with marriage, but I couldn't believe how fast Paul "lost" it. We were married in November, so our first Valentine's Day was as newlyweds. Nothing more romantic than that, huh? Well, leave it to a man to kill the romance! ;) When I asked if he wanted to plan something or have me plan it, he seriously looked at me and said, "What do married people DO for Valentine's Day?"

Oh, how sad is that? Of course, I've laughed about it every year and reminded him of his comment ... which he now realizes was a huge mistake! Of course, he claims I just misunderstood what he meant, but of course he can't explain anything more than what his question asked ...

I thought because I had given him such a hard time about it for, well, 7 years now, that he would have Valentine's Day ideas ready and waiting. When he just read my previous blog that hints to him to be creative, he said, "When is Valentine's Day, anyway?" Oh, my! I reminded him that it is on February 14 the same as every other year. How quickly the romance dies ...

(Okay, he really meant what day of the week is it on, but I think I'll give him a hard time about this for years as well ...)

1 comment:

Scotty said...

Thanks for reminding me that Valentine's Day is approaching! I've got to think of something fast, help!