A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Amazing brains

I never cease to be amazed at how wonderful our brains are. Paul and I saw some PBS show about a new "brain fingerprint" they can use to tell if someone is telling the truth about a crime. Turns out we use different parts of our brain for memory than we do for imagination, so they asked people questions about a crime and tested whether they then used the memory or imagination part of their brain.

Anyway, this blog is about nothing so serious. It's just a fun way to show you how much smarter you are than you THINK you are. The first time I read this I was amazed. I hope you find it fun and entertaining, too.

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttar in what order the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

I cna't blveiee taht I can aulacity uesdnatnrd what I am rdgnieg!

Amzanighuh?

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Sorry, I'm slow with the blogs these days... Please tell me you copied in that random reading bit and didn't try typing it letter by letter? Anyway, totally cool! Thanks for letting me know how smart I am! :)