A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Monday, February 4, 2008

Zzzzzzz ......

Okay, I admit it ... I'm turning into my mother! It used to drive me CRAZY when I would watch a movie with my mom, and at the end she would wake up and say, "What happened? I fell asleep."

Let's say I'm a lot more forgiving these days, especially since I'm starting to do the same thing! Last night Paul and I sat down to watch President Hinckley's funeral. We recorded it since we wanted to watch it uninterrupted and had all of our kids and Hilary's here while she attended her grandma's funeral. So, we figured we'd just wait until we put the kids to bed and watch in nice, peaceful quiet.

Apparently it was too peaceful and too quiet. I got through only two (maybe even 1 1/2) speakers before I zonked. At one point I remember Paul laughing and me laughing to act like I was still awake, but I'd already lost it at that point. (No need to worry, I don't think I fooled him for a second.) Oh well ... at least since it's recorded I can watch it later.

I have to give Paul a hard time, though, too. We visited my parents last night and of course my dad had the Superbowl on. Paul went in with my dad to sit and watch for a bit and got so comfy there that he fell asleep on my parent's bed. That's right, smack dab in the middle of the Superbowl. I guess that goes to show how into the game he was, huh? :)

I think we're both definitely past our days of staying up until midnight or later to hang out. I still can't believe we did that and functioned in any way! I remember one night when Paul, Aleshia and I were up hanging out, and at 2 a.m. and Paul and Aleshia went out to get us donuts for a snack! (For those of you starting to worry, Paul and I were just friends at that point, so he wasn't going anywhere with "another woman.") I don't even know of a place around here where we could do that, let alone imagine ever wanting to. I'm sure when our teenagers do crazy things like that we'll think they're nuts.

Needless to say, I'm okay with my new "schedule" of being out by 10:15 while on the couch watching TV. I guess I'm proof that marriage really does change you. :)

No comments: