A whole bunch about us you may have never wanted to know.

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Sacrament Meeting

I now realize that I never wrote about our last Sacrament Meeting, which some of you might find humorous, but only because it wasn't yours ...

First of all, Shayla wasn't feeling well, so she was a cranky bug! One of the boys bumped her, which broke her cracker, so she screamed through the opening song. I finally decided to take her out to calm her down. We stayed out during the sacrament, during which I saw a man from our ward come out for the garbage can. I thought that was strange. He smiled at me and went back in. I thought nothing of it, until Shayla and I went back into the meeting.

As we get to our bench I notice that there are bread crumbs all over the floor at the end of our bench. I asked what happened, and apparently Becca bumped it out of Tyler's hand. Oops. (For the record, she was having a very clutzy day -- she later accidentally poked Shayla in the eye and dropped a chili-covered ladle onto her new sweater.) I sat down, and Shayla stayed in the aisle. She didn't want to come in and sit down. Paul, who didn't realize she had a cracker in her mouth, picked her up quickly and brought her into our bench.

Well, as you can guess, she inhaled the cracker, which made her gag, which made her throw up on Paul. All we had to clean it up with was a bib, so Paul took that and a paper box Becca had made (and quickly handed us to catch throw-up) and went out to wash his hands. Fortunately she mostly got it on herself, but that made her smell for the rest of the meeting.

I don't remember why she started crying again (probably getting too much "love" from Zachary), but I ended up having to take her out again. I wanted to stay and hear the testimonies, so I sat in the lobby. I remembered at one point that we had to fill out our fast offerings, so I pulled that out to do it. I noticed Shayla had walked around the corner, and I expected her to come right back. She's normally not brave enough to wander far. When she didn't come right back, I peeked down the hall and she was gone!

I saw a man walking up the hall toward me, and I asked if he had passed a little red-headed girl. He said no. That made me freak out a little. I checked the women's restroom, no Shayla. I started to peek into the men's restroom when a man in my ward came out, and he checked for me, no Shayla. I checked in the nursery (still the other ward in there), no Shayla. I checked the overflow of the chapel and the chapel itself, no Shayla. At this point I was getting really worried.

I started looking into the gym and every classroom down the hall. I was especially concerned because she disappeared so quickly. As I was nearing the library, which is at the end of the hall before it bends around a corner, she came around the corner with a lady following her. The lady and her little boy said, "There's her mommy" as I grabbed her. Crazy little thing! Who knows why she decided to run down the hall, and how did that man miss such a cute little thing passing him when there was nobody else in the hall?!? (Sorry, men, but you're a bit clueless sometimes. No comments on us moms in response, okay!!)

Anyway, I finally took Shayla home, but only after finding someone to fill in for me on a task I was assigned to assist the Sunday School teacher. I came home and put her into bed and breathed a sigh of relief that church for us was over!

No comments: